Show your Bulldog Spirit &
Support Blessed Sacrament School
Your generous support enables us to continue our long-tradition -
100 YEARS - of academic excellence and helping our students grow spiritually, morally, emotionally, and physically!
Blessed Sacrament School is thriving because of the support we receive from our community. Your gift, whether it be a gift of time, talent or treasure, has a powerful impact on every single student that walks through our BSS doors.
Please Consider Donating to One of Our Funds Today!
Our most prominent giving priority is our Annual Fund - it must be replenished each year to support our operating costs, meet our financial obligations and accomplish our mission.
100% of every donation to support our Annual Fund supports the mission of Blessed Sacrament School and has direct impact on each BSS Student and Faculty member!
Please see below to learn more about the importance of giving to our Annual Fund, as well as our Smyth Endowment Fund and through our many HSA events.
"There's a sense of community here. The parents feel it, the children feel it, the teachers feel it."
Annual Fund is our foremost giving priority and is essential to our sustainability as an institution. Like most independent schools, tuition covers about 90% of our annual operating expenses. Your donation serves to bridge the gap between tuition income and school operating expenses.
A strong Annual Fund Campaign ensures we can honor our mission of educating young minds, while keeping tuition costs stabilized, and providing the best possible programs, faculty and facilities for students. The vast majority of our budget gap is bridged by charitable donations to Annual Fund which provides funding for the following areas:
- Faculty Compensation - Attracting and retaining skilled educators is at the heart of our mission.
- Innovative Technology & Curriculum - The field of education is continually evolving and we must keep pace. Identifying and implementing new technology and innovative curricula is critical in today’s learning environment.
- Stimulating & Safe Environments - Our physical building and facilities must be constantly upgraded to keep pace with new technology and advancements in safe school environments.
- Professional Development - Our teachers are also students! A robust operating budget allows us to underwrite the cost of continuing education and enrichment for our teachers so they can provide high-quality instruction.
- Tuition Stabilization - As a Catholic school, educating each new generation of young people is our mission. As part of this mission, we strive to keep tuition as attainable and stable as possible. On average, every student receives an annual tuition discount of $1,000. Instead of larger annual increases, we ask every family to contribute a tax-deductible donation, thus reducing each student’s annual tuition cost and encouraging a diverse student body.
Msgr Smyth Endowment Fund
The school’s endowment fund provides financial security for the future and strengthens our ability to advance our mission. Making a gift to the endowment fund is creating a legacy for future generations. Please note that though our Smyth Endowment Fund vitally important to Blessed Sacrament School, contributing to the Smyth Fund does not count as participation in our Annual Fund.
- Like any endowment fund, the Smyth Fund’s capital is invested for long-term growth, while also making annual disbursements to the school to support various initiatives.
- The fund not only serves as a safety net for the impact of unforeseen circumstances, it also provides capital for necessary renovations and one-time projects and upgrades, such as financing the beloved “Field of Dreams”.
- In addition the fund supports two very important goals – Providing financial aid for those who may not be able to attend our excellent school and to provide and supporting Teacher Enrichment, Training and Salaries for our incredible teachers.
Please note that although our Smyth Endowment Fund is vitally important to Blessed Sacrament School, contributing to the Smyth Fund does not count as participation in our Annual Fund.
We hope that you will join us for a fun day out with your Bulldog friends, for this year’s Smyth Fund Golf Classic on Monday, October 24, 2022 at Kenwood Country Club.
To register and for more information please visit: www.smythfundbss.org/golf
Please visit the Smyth Endowment Fund’s new website to learn more and to GIVE today: www.smythfundbss.org.
Supporting BSS through our HSA
The HSA’s primary responsibility is to organize events and activities which help raise the funds necessary to support BSS in providing our children with a quality Catholic education. In recent years, as a result of these fundraising efforts, the HSA has been able to provide money in support of academic programs, contribute to BSS scholarships, and enhance the physical plant at BSS through improvements to our auditorium and school grounds.
Please note that though these events are vitally important to Blessed Sacrament School, contributing to an event does not count as participation in our Annual Fund; they are separate fundraising opportunities that all support our beloved school through different initiatives.
For more information on the HSA Fundraising Events, Service & Special Programs and to volunteer please visit our website at www.bsstoday.org/campuslife/HSA.
Questions & Contact Information:
Please contact Heather Kearns, Director of Development, at 202-966-6682 or email@example.com with any questions or comments.
Blessed Sacrament School is a 501(c)(3) organization. Federal Tax ID 53-0208375